L.O.V.E.

I want to welcome you to L.O.V.E., Ladies Online Valuing Each Other, bible studies. This BLOG spot was created because I personally have a need to be in God's Word everyday and be involved in a bible study, however, with 5 children, a husband that travels, part-time work hours and now full-time school hours I didn't want to commit to a study that took me out of the house another day/night of the week, so...L.O.V.E. was created.

My hope is that there are women just like me who, for various reasons, cannot commit to a study outside of the home, but wish to still grow in Christ through study and fellowship with other women (although ours will mainly be on-line fellowship.)

Monday, January 14, 2008

Jan 14, 2008 - Intro. "Taking Your First Sip

Psalm 57:8 Awake my soul! Awake, harp and lyre ! I will awaken the dawn.

harp and lyre are both musical instruments.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life; and have it to the full.

The thief, of course, is Satan.

That is so true isn't it. How much of your life have you let Satan steal? I have wasted so much time letting the wrong thing tell me what I was capable of. Satan would remind me daily of all of my mistakes and I would allow that to hinder me from moving forward. Well...NOT TODAY! I can't begin to count the number of times just this morning that he has tried to get me off track.

I like Nicole's description of an invitation to coffee. It's not about being thristy, it's a commitment to spend time together. It warms my heart to know that God has an open invitation to coffee anytime I am available! We are limited, He is not.

Are you ready to let Him pour over the grounds in your life to release the aroma He has created in you? I am. I can't say that I have any of the 10 signs that I need a fresh brewed life, however, I learned several years ago that I don't want to get that far down. God only had to whisper in my ear this time, rather than take a 2x4 upside my head, hey that's progress for me:) I need this and I am glad that you are joining me!

On page XI of the intro. she tells a story of a mom who was telling her little girl all the things she did as a child. The daughter stated that she wished that she had gotten to know her mom sooner! What happened to us as we got older? Life, stress, busy-ness? Maybe we're telling ourselves that we are "moms" and we can't have "fun." I propose we ditch that thought and have some good clean fun with our kids. I am stopping by Bounce Planet today to find out the best time (the slowest) time to go and those who want to play can join me. I am taking Audrey (and Tia and Trae if I can force them to come) to BOUNCE and I am bouncing:) I will probably make a fool of myself, but I don't care, I want to play with my kids and my friends, what a memory that will give our kids. I'll let you know when.

God Bless,
Denise

2 comments:

Tamie said...

I am so bummed that I could not start yesterday. My book is still not here. Hopefully today. Thanks for the post Denise.

Denise M. said...

No problem. Hope your book comes soon:)