L.O.V.E.

I want to welcome you to L.O.V.E., Ladies Online Valuing Each Other, bible studies. This BLOG spot was created because I personally have a need to be in God's Word everyday and be involved in a bible study, however, with 5 children, a husband that travels, part-time work hours and now full-time school hours I didn't want to commit to a study that took me out of the house another day/night of the week, so...L.O.V.E. was created.

My hope is that there are women just like me who, for various reasons, cannot commit to a study outside of the home, but wish to still grow in Christ through study and fellowship with other women (although ours will mainly be on-line fellowship.)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday, January 21, 2008 Chapter 2 - Encounter Your Journal

Chapter 2 introduces us to journaling. Now I have to admit this is not a practice that I have developed. I know people who do journal and it has been a wonderful discipline for them, but it is a discipline, at least in the beginning. It takes time, something we all feel as though we run short on, but I believe it can be a valuable part of our lives. Through journaling you grow, it gives you a place to write down your feelings (real feelings, not what you think it PC.)

I encourage you to make a date and find your journal. I found mine at Barnes and Noble and, for those who know me this makes sense, it was on "clearance." I never pay full price for anything, however, if it's on sale I WILL purchase it whether I need it or not:) But they did have some nice ones for a reason price. You can also try Meijer, WalMart, or any of the office supply stores. Grab a cup of coffee before you go and bundle up, it's been cold out there and if you have to schedule a day and time to go let us know and maybe some of us can go together (another open fellowship time.)

Have a blessed day and happy journal hunting!

Denise

1 comment:

Tamie said...

I finally received my book , and am so thnakful that I have joined in this group study. I love Nicoles insight into things. I do not particularly love coffee, but I think I might once i am done with this study.

I was hit really hard by two points that she made. The first was so well put that what we do does not determine who we are. I am God's child, that is who I am. I do other things that I hope bring Him honor, but what I do is not a mirror to who I am. I LOVE that reminder. The second was the quote that is highlighted on page 16 from "Simple Abundance." How the distraction of everyday life depletes my energy, I tend to eliminate the one thing that I need to restore that energy, quiet, reflective time. I do not spend much time reflecting, or in quiet. Come on, I have a 3 year old in the house (tee hee). Even when I do have some opportunity, though, I have not gotten into the discipline of allowing my spirit to quiet down. I think I am a little affraid of what God may want to show me about myself in those quiet times.

I am beginning chapter 2 now, and I hope to get a journal and utilize that as a tangible way to make myself quiet before God!