L.O.V.E.

I want to welcome you to L.O.V.E., Ladies Online Valuing Each Other, bible studies. This BLOG spot was created because I personally have a need to be in God's Word everyday and be involved in a bible study, however, with 5 children, a husband that travels, part-time work hours and now full-time school hours I didn't want to commit to a study that took me out of the house another day/night of the week, so...L.O.V.E. was created.

My hope is that there are women just like me who, for various reasons, cannot commit to a study outside of the home, but wish to still grow in Christ through study and fellowship with other women (although ours will mainly be on-line fellowship.)

Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18, 2008 - Chapter 1, Surrender (cont.)

Good morning L.O.V.E! What a wonderful first week of study. So, have you ever asked yourself "Who am I?" or "Why am I here?" We have so many roles that we play that tell the world WHO we are: wife, mother, daughter, worker, student, friend... it is hard to get down to the core, at least for me. Who am I? Hum, great journaling topic. Thank goodness what we DO does not equate to who we ARE (I like the Ugly Duckling story.) We could behave like we are anything but that doesn't mean that's who we are. Take an actor/actress for instance. They play certain characters, some very convincing ones, think of how many times they get referred to as their character and not by who they actually are. Like Audrey, she constantly refers to Ashley Tisdale as "Sharpay." Ashley is not "Sharpay" as a matter of fact in a interview she states that they are nothing alike. We play many characters as well. Let's quit pretending and let God release who we truly are. We are the beloved. Isn't that the most awesome thing to know.

I chose to watch the movie Mrs. Doubtfire again because of Nicole's view on it. This is my open fellowship time from next week. Sunday, January 27th from 8-10pm, my house. I want to watch it again through God googles.

Are you like the woman at the well? Maybe you don't believe that He really knows you, but He does! I encourage you to take at least one of the Fresh Brewed adventures. I got to reading Psalms. Psalms 139:13-18 says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

Your "works" are wonderful, I know that full well. You are one of His "works" do you know you are wonderful. I hope so! God Bless

Denise

No comments: