L.O.V.E.

I want to welcome you to L.O.V.E., Ladies Online Valuing Each Other, bible studies. This BLOG spot was created because I personally have a need to be in God's Word everyday and be involved in a bible study, however, with 5 children, a husband that travels, part-time work hours and now full-time school hours I didn't want to commit to a study that took me out of the house another day/night of the week, so...L.O.V.E. was created.

My hope is that there are women just like me who, for various reasons, cannot commit to a study outside of the home, but wish to still grow in Christ through study and fellowship with other women (although ours will mainly be on-line fellowship.)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 16th - Surrender

Sorry ladies, I wanted to post yesterday, but I took my laptop to school and somehow messed up my internet, Andy got it fixed late last night. My apologies.

Ok, well...wow. If you've read Ch. 1 - Surrender you'll understand when I say it hit home in so many ways (from amusing memories to the remembrance of the time when I cried "uncle"). Have you ever been "naked" (exposed)? I have had many ugly parts of my soul exposed, it's embarassing, humiliating and sometimes I would just wonder how I could be such a horrible human being (even when in my heart I didn't want to be.) But the good news is once exposed there is nothing left to hide. Here's ME, the good, bad and the ugly (now work with me God.)

Mandy Wiles use to go to our church, she is an amazing woman. I can vividly remember sitting by a pool, in Florida, and her telling me that no matter how ugly something is, once you bring it into the "light" Satan can no longer work. He is the Prince of Darkness. He works in the deepest parts of our being, where no one can see. Just think about how "good" we look on the outside where everyone can see, but how "ugly" we can be on the inside.

Another memory this brought to me was a time when I was probably 7 or 8 maybe. I use to sing the song she quoted on page 6 around the house, it was for ajolie, a perfume. (See how much I remember.) Anyway I would walk around the house singing, "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and never let you forget you're a man, cause I'm a WOMAN!" I don't remember the changing the tire part, but I remember my thoughts regarding how much I should be able to do as a WOMAN. I am WOMAN, hear me ROAR! I might whisper, cry and scream, but I have yet to "roar." I don't think that it's wrong to feel as though we have that ability to do anything so long as we remember where that power comes from. Not of ourselves, but only through Christ Jesus can we do anything. It is He who strengthens us to accomplish all we need to today. It feels so empowering to start everyday off with Him (and my coffee. haha.)

God Bless you all today as your move forward through all you need to accomplish. But, don't forget to prioritize! Not EVERYTHING we "think" we need to do is actually something we need to do. We put way too much pressure on ourselves....Surrender.

Denise

3 comments:

Bob and Tricia said...

Great post today Denise! BTW, I loved that commercial too growing up and used to sing along as well :-)

SoosMLar said...

Hey Denise and Everyone!
I really related to the part in ch1 about being "finely ground". I really feel like this can describe our lives in the past 4 years and currently. We are being "roasted" so we can deepen our walk with Him. I have so much trouble surrending. It is a daily battle for me. And why do I fight it? God is finely grinding me so that my faith-worth more than anything here on earth-can stand up through anything and everything and be 100% genuine. I know that is what is happening. The more I fight, the worse it gets. Just SURRENDER!

Have a nice week!
Susan

Unknown said...

Thank you for the daily blog. Great encouragement. God Bless